Sunday, June 19, 2016


I am pleased to share a  tiny preview of my book. Twice weekly I will add another small segment or share some new approach to writing, I have discovered.

I suggest you bookmark my blog so you can easily check back as the story develops. Comments are welcome.

Gloria


Chapter 1                   Andrew Crofton
November 1815

"The temerity of that weasel-faced miscreant! How dare he malign such a loving, faithful woman as Aunt Katherine…" Andrew exploded with wrath, "and to intentionally purport that I would murder my Uncle!"

Andrew leaned forward, head in his hands. "This early discharge feels like a deliverance sent from heaven. The aftermath of the war on France is wretched. I have seen enough blood letting to last a lifetime, Goulburn. Yet here I am, forced to throw down the gauntlet for this scoundrel.

"He deserves to suffer, as he has made others do his entire life. Even when he was a child, he was trouble. When he was ten, his entire family visited for a week. He broke a large vase and blamed the parlor maid. He took a watch from my father’s room and blamed the valet. He held down a local boy in the pond, would have drown the boy, save the older brother stopping him.  When I found him whipping a horse tied in its stall, I’d had enough. I grabbed the whip and showed him how it felt. A hard lesson had to be taught then and I conclude it is past-time for another."

copyright©2016 by Gloria J. Goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment